Devotionals on Brokenness
Brokenness In the Title
- Plan of God
Jesus gives beauty in exchange for our brokenness. He gives light in exchange for our thickest darkness. He gives hope in exchange for our deepest despair.
- On the other hand, where one has been brought into this principle, there will always be a measure of brokenness, softness, and tenderness of spirit; and not only so, but also largeness of heart, and that lovely tendency to rise above those petty, selfish considerations, which so sadly hinder the work of God.
- He has promised beauty for brokenness; He has promised Joy for despair; He has promised to give you back those years that the locusts have eaten.
- He lived a life where the cruelty and brokenness of sin could never permeate.
- A Deeper Understanding
To arrive at the brokenness of Romans 7 is not the devastating defeat that it appears to be, but a vital learning curve through which many believers are gently guided by the gracious hand of their heavenly Father, Who is drawing His child into a deeper understanding of Himself, and a closer fellowship – until he comes to an understanding that in my strength I can do nothing..
- A Beautiful Understanding
It is only when a believer comes to the point of true wretchedness of soul and inner brokenness and despair, that in desperation he is able to cry: who can deliver me from this body of sin? Only then can he come to an understanding that of himself he can do nothing, but that in Christ I can do all things..
- All God purpose, all that God means for us on that other side of the Cross in union with Christ risen and exalted absolutely demands brokenness, complete brokenness, in all those concerned.
- Not just the brokenness of their pictures and outward hopes, but an inward brokenness.
- This is the Lord word to you: that if you are not broken by the Cross, if you have not gone through an experience of real brokenness under the hand of God, all that the Lord means in you and through you will still be suspended, it will be impossible.
- Let me be very precise, because I know of different kinds of brokenness.
- I know the brokenness of disappointments, of disappointed hopes and expectations, but the kind of brokenness I am talking about is the brokenness of the self-hood, the strength of Self that holds its position and holds its ground and that will not let go.
- That is the kind of brokenness.
- He writes:- As you and I look forward to the future, let us not be trapped by the heartache or our past or the brokenness of our present.
- The only safe one is Christ, and therefore the only one who stands in God eyes is Christ, and it is as you and I, in all the brokenness, frailty, conscious weakness and humility of our own beings, by faith cling to Christ that we shall find the way out, the deliverance, the salvation.
- a Father Who binds up those aching wounds; a Father Who heals the brokenness of life; a Father Who creates afresh a life of meaning; a life of purpose.
- Death To Self
We will do anything to escape the humiliation of utter surrender and total brokenness.
- John 12:32 There is only One God, Who was sent to heal all brokenness and pain in life, and His name is Jesus.
- Spirit of Brokenness
This is the heart that is healed by His touch and mended by His grace and mercy.
- It is the Sacrifice of Praise combined with the Sacrifice of Brokenness..
- ot from a heart of brokenness, but as a joyous Sacrifice of Praise to Him.
- through brokenness, just as He has done with all His saints.
- Channels of Blessing
And He uses you and He uses me to be channels of blessing, through whom His living waters may flow, if we, in deep humility, will empty ourselves of king self; if we, in self-brokenness, will invite Him to reign as supreme ruler in our lives.
- but also a life dedicated to Him; a life submitted completely to Him and His will; a life of total consecration to Him; a life that produces purity of heart and holiness of life; a life, utterly in love with the Son of His love; a life that kneels at His feet in brokenness of spirit; a life that washes His feet in humility of heart – a life that can say without reservation:
- Our brokenness must not be feigned; we must not be content with the mere language and appearance of humility.
- Paul… a man fully submitted in total brokenness to his Christ – Paul a bond-slave of Jesus.
- It is only through Him that God's mercy, forgiveness, kindness and grace will wash away every scarlet-stain that clings to our sin-encrusted soul, when offered in brokenness of heart and true contriteness of spirit.
- But like David, we too must approach the throne of grace in brokenness of heart and contrition of spirit, for such is well-pleasing and acceptable to our holy God.
- Paul used his own distressing circumstances as a testimony that God is able and willing to bring beauty out of our own brokenness so that hope will blossom in our personal helplessness and that God in His grace is prepared to replace our personal despair and deep discouragements with a bright hope of glory and an inner joy, that surpasses understanding..
- But how can you and I ‘Faith-Rest’ when our lives are shattered, and the brokenness of our heart is haemorrhaging… Well, we simply need to remember that the Word of God is life and health – His word is true and trustworthy - His word is perfect and pure - and His promises to us endure from one generation to another.
- Our brokenness is permitted, so that we may grow in grace, mature in the faith, and day by day become increasingly conformed into the image and likeness of our heavenly Saviour - so that we may shine as lights in a darkened place as we share the good news of salvation to a lost and dying world.