Devotionals on Leaven
- But that of the old which remains unbroken, which we seek to hold back from the processing of His nail-pierced hands, will continually leaven and spoil our attempts to feed others.
- Anything that makes us unnaturally big is evil, whether it be the individual life, or whether it be what is called the work of God, trying to make it bigger than its real spiritual measure, inflating it beyond its genuine spiritual degree; that is something evil, that is leaven....
- Then what about this leaven that makes things appeal to our natural taste?
- They like leavened bread, it pleases the flesh.... He says there will be leaven, there will be corruption and defilement everywhere, but the teaching of the New Testament is: Keep yourselves pure.
- Although there is leaven everywhere, you be the unleavened bread.
- We are told in Scripture that a little leaven leavens the whole lump.
- Tears Among Wheat
The seduction of western Christianity has all but reached its fullness, as sheep of His flock feed on the bitter bread and toxic manna of its leavened meal. Christ’s kingdom parables outline in great detail the final condition of His church in Matthew chapter 13 – covering the time when the enemy started to sow tares into the wheat…up to today.. a time during which a little leaven was mixed into the 3 measures of God’s good meal.
- that eternal, infinite love continues to travel down the corridors of time to embrace all who have been saved by grace through faith in the Him- for Christ is indeed our Passover Who has been sacrificed for us - therefore let us also celebrate the feast - but not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
- It admonishes us all to look to Jesus, trust His word and hold Him in the highest esteem, while giving a series of warnings against reverting back to the pre-cross sacrificial system, given to Israel - for Christ, our Passover Lamb, has already been sacrificed for us - not with the old leaven of the Mosaic Law, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
- Paul likened it to the slow, secret spreading of a little tiny scrap of leaven that is placed in a lump of bread-dough. A little leaven, Paul points out to these Christians, leavens the whole lump of dough.
- We are sinners and we were born in sin and as sinners we have an old sin nature – and sin in the bible is often referred to as leaven.
- Leaven is the yeast that is put into flour, which makes the loaf puff up - for the leaven that is put into bread dough spreads throughout the whole loaf – that loaf of bread is leavened.
- And the old Adamic nature that every member of humanity is born with, is like leaven – sin has spread to every part of our being –it is in our body which is dying, and God tells us that the thoughts of our heart are continuously evil – but as a new creation in Christ we are made a new person - a new ‘loaf’.
- And so we are exhorted to purge out the old leaven – to get rid of the sin that is lurking within our hearts and live a life that is unleavened. OH!
- Let us cleanse out the old leaven that we may be a new lump - Behold the Lamb of God - our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed - in our place.