Devotionals on Adoption
- God’s Grace
He redeemed and enlightened us, and opened up to us the mystery of His will. He took upon Himself the responsibility to change us to be just like Christ. He even adopts us as His own children, and has scheduled a date for our adoption.
- While Ephesians 1:5-6 tells us that: Having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
- Should not I who have been predestined to adoption by Jesus Christ to Himself – should not I rejoice in Him, according to the good pleasure of His will?
- Complete in Him
And the impossible reality in the lives of all who believe in Jesus, is that we are complete in Him, and the divine nature from above, the “DNA” of Christ Jesus is ours by birth and adoption, for we are His precious people; a holy nation – God’s special possession.
- Foreknown by God
The called are those predestined to be conformed into the image of the Lord Jesus. The called are also predestined for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ. 'The called' are predestined according to the purpose of God’s will..
- Without Hope
We were without the adoption into son-ship – with no hope of an eternal inheritance. We were in all ways hopeless and helpless – enslaved in the evil kingdom of Satan.
- Great Exchange
Our hopeless depravity was exchanged for the hope of glory and adoption to sonship. We were translated into the kingdom of Christ and covered in light and life eternal.
- The earth is groaning – waiting for our adoption and the redemption of our bodies.
- Price for Sin
So when the fullness of time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, to redeem us all, so that we might receive adoption as sons. To deny the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ renders Calvary as a sham and charade, for there is none good..
- This was so that all who believed on His name might receive adoption as sons.
- Adoption as Sons
Through His love He predestined us to adoption as sons, through Jesus Christ.. and He did this according to His kind intention and gracious will – and He did this to the ultimate praise of the glory of His grace. Oh!
- The Cure
Jesus was indeed the adopted son of Joseph the carpenter and His adoption gave Him legal right to sit on the throne of David through both His earthly parents.. but no curse could fall on the Lord Jesus, for He was not Joseph’s biological son. God is not surprised by what we do or how history plans out.
- Bounteous Heritage
Paul adds one building block of glory onto the next in his epistle to the Ephesians. He edges onward from one wonderful level to another as he fine-tunes our inheritance. He outlines the significance of our adoption as sons – our bounteous heritage in Christ.
- A Study:- Man’s Nature and Destiny
And when the fullness of the time was come… God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
- Made Under Law
And when the fullness of the time was come… God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
- God’s Glory
His Glory was in the mind of the Father when sin’s eternal sacrifice was selected. His Son was the one and only means to secure God’s satisfaction for sin’s payment. Blessed be the God and Father ..Who predestined us for adoption to sonship, through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.
- We are predestined to adoption – that we should be God’s Sons..
- Spiritual Inheritance
Paul also prayed that we would know who are in Christ – know our position in Him.. permanent position that is as secure as the eternal Lord Jesus Who placed us there.. union with Him that guarantees our adoption as sons and our an eternal heritage – a union so intimate that we are part of His body – and He indwells our mortal frame.
- God predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His willEphesians 1:5
- The Church
All that believe on the Lord Jesus are foreknown of God and predestined by Him – predestined to adoption as sons – predestined to be conformed into the likeness of Christ.
- Where is the blessed Spirit of adoption?
- That which has been chosen before the foundation of the world and which has been foreordained unto adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, has been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies.
- but at the chosen time God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law – to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
- that Christ Jesus the only begotten Son of His love was to be born of woman… born under the Law to redeem those under the Law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
- Israel and the Church
Christians are children now but the adoption of sons takes place later, for we know that: the whole creation groans, with birth pangs together until now, and not only that, but we also who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan in ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption – the redemption of our body.
- The Church is already forgiven (waiting for our adoption as sons.)
- All-Embracing Word
The word ‘Salvation’ is one all-embracing word that unites a variety of concepts – redemption – rebirth – justification – security – sanctification – growth – maturity – foreknowledge – election – predestination – righteousness – glorification – grace – reconciliation – new-life-in-Christ – new creation –adoption– saved by grace – born-from-above – baptised into Christ – accepted-in Him – citizens of heaven – etc
- all facets of Salvation are by the power of God and because of the grace of God – all God does in redemption, rebirth, justification; and sanctification is by grace – all His foreknowledge; election; predestination sealing and adoption is of grace.
- We read in Ephesians 1:5-6 ‘Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved,'”
- Growing In Grace - STUDY
God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law to redeem those who were under the Law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
- He talks of God's gracious offer of salvation and walks us through the treasures of justification and sanctification, election and adoption..
- Those who believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God have been given the authority to address our Creator God as 'Father', for we have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, 'Abba -Father'
- To them belonged God’s adoption as a nation, and the glorious Shekinah presence of the Lord.
- And so in the fullness of time God sent His only begotten Son to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to son-ship; be returned into fellowship with our Creator - and learn to worship our Father in heaven..
- And God in His omniscience foreknew all of us who would choose to accept Christ Jesus as Saviour - He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will. Believe in Jesus Christ - that is all it takes.
- They were quick to boast of their adoption; the glory; the covenants; the giving of the law; the temple service; and the promises of a Messiah, but refused to recognise their broken covenant; rebellious behaviour; gross apostasy and offensive idolatry.
- To them belong the adoption; the glory; the covenants; the giving of the Law; the worship and the promises - and holy men of Israel penned the Scriptures for our learning.
- It was Israel who was entrusted with God's Word, which was spoken through the mouth of God's holy prophets - and it was Israel who alone received God's adoption, His covenants, His Law, His promises - and His prophesised Messiah.
- Israel were God's chosen people, to whom belongs the adoption as sons, the glory of God and His covenants.
- It was to Israel that the Messiah was sent and it was to Israel that the adoption as sons, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the Law, the temple service and the promises belonged.
- He has blessed us with pardon and peace; redemption and adoption and illumination from His Holy Spirit.
- He details the righteousness with which we are covered; he proclaims our position in Christ, where we are seated with Him in heavenly places; and He explains our divine election and adoption as sons.
- We have been blessed with every spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ and were predestined unto adoption of sons by Jesus Christ Himself.
- He begins this diversion into Gods' sovereign choice of Israel... as His peculiar people and their adoption as God's sons, by listing their many privileges.
- Salvation also encompasses propitiation, redemption, identification, adoption and many other privileges that became ours in Christ Jesus, when we first believed.
- The Israelites were God’s chosen people and to them belonged the adoption as sons, the glory of God and the different covenants.
- Some years earlier, Paul had written extensively to this same Church to rejoice in their divine election, their adoption into the family of God, the privileges of the indwelling Holy Spirit and the spiritual blessings that have been poured out in such abundance, on all who have trusted Christ for salvation.
- We who have trusted Christ as our Saviour have received the Holy Spirit of power - by grace through faith in Christ, - and He has brought about our adoption into son-ship - and through Him we are enabled to cry: Abba, Father - as we boldly approach the throne of grace, for mercy to find help in time of need.
- His link with humanity was authenticated by His birth - Mary being His biological mother and Joseph His legal father through adoption.
- are eagerly waiting for our adoption as sons - the redemption of our body.' Indeed, as Paul writes in Romans 8: For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
- And not only this, but we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons - the redemption of our body.
- It covers areas such as regeneration, justification, sanctification, glorification, propitiation, adoption, predestination and many other truths that had been hidden from past generations.
- The indwelling Spirit of God is the same Spirit of adoption that was given to us by the Father, as a down payment and assurance that all that God has promised us, is sure and steadfast, immovable and unchanging.
- Instead, you have received the Spirit of adoption by Whom we cry out, Abba!
- It will be at God's appointed time when the Body of Christ, which is the Church, will receive the adoption of Sonship, at the close of the Church age – for that is God’s appointed time.
- Salvation has an impact on issues like adoption; service; imputation; mediation and the ransom-price paid to save the world.